Servings: 4 cups
- 1 Medium Acorn Squash
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 14-oz can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise.
- Remove seeds.
- Arrange squash halves, cut sides down, in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake 40 minutes at 400 degrees or until tender.
- Scoop flesh from squash; discard skin.
- In a large saucepan melt butter over medium heat.
- Add shredded carrot, chopped onion, and grated fresh ginger.
- Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add squash flesh, unsweetened coconut milk, water, and salt.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender, or in a regular blender in batches!
Since college, Jessica has been in business consulting, high school science teaching, and diet coaching.Life coaching is a natural fit for her personality, care for others, and desire to help people live their best lives.
She is an avid dancer, hiker and cyclist.A wife and mother of two beautiful girls, Jessica is especially proud to be a Certified Nia Black Belt teacher, teaching three classes per week on Cape Cod.